Creative Ways On How To Wear a Lapel Pin
In B2B interactions, making a lasting impression is key. Your professional image should speak volumes. Entering a business of lapel pin is a powerful way to redefine your corporate persona. In this blog, we’ll discuss different ways on how to wear a lapel pin and how it can affect your corporate business.
What is a Lapel Pin
lapel pin is also known as an enamel pin that is often worn on jackets, bags, or any piece of fabric. Lapel pins are customizable and can symbolize achievements or a sense of belonging to a certain organization.
Types of Lapel Pins
Soft Enamel Pins
Soft enamel pins are also known as embossed pins due to their raised texture. They are customizable with endless personalization possibilities. They are very popular due to their quality and affordability.
Hard Enamel Pins
A hard enamel pin is a die-struck pin with a hard enamel finish. These pins are mostly used as business giveaways and other formal events due to their luxurious appearance and texture.
To know more about the difference between soft and hard enamel, you can visit our blog post.
For pins with highly complex designs, printed pins are your best choice. Printed pins are made using offset printing or silk screen printing to create vivid text or photo quality.
Die Struck Pins
Die-struck pins feature raised and recessed design into a pin. This forgoes the addition of enamel color for that natural look with an option of a sandblast finish.
Here’s how die-struck pins are made:
How To Choose The Best Type of Lapel Pin
Since we have discussed the different types of lapel pins, the next question would be, “How to choose the best?”
It all comes down to the complexity of your design and your personal preference. Although, we created some tips to narrow down the options for you.
- The most common alternatives are soft and hard enamel pins. They are manufactured with comparable techniques and allow for the same degree of intricacy and brilliant hues. If you want a textured feel, soft enamel is your best choice; hard enamel will always be smooth.
- Die-struck pins are ideal for achievement or award pins since they resemble little trophies that may be worn. These pins feature a classic, sleek, and formal look with a sandblasted finish.
- Printed pins are the quickest and cheapest to create. This is the best option if you need your pins as soon as possible. They are also ideal if your design is complicated and incorporates a large number of colors.
How To Wear Lapel Pin
After knowing the different types of lapel pins, it’s nice to know how to seamlessly put them on. We have discussed below some styling tips on how to put lapel pin on suit.
Select a pin
Choose a pin style that complements your clothing. Consider an ornamental pin, such as a die-struck pin, for special occasions that demand formal wear.
Open the clasp of your lapel pin
The clasps on many types of lapel pins differ. Unscrew or unpin the rear component of your lapel pin to remove the backing. Some lapel pins feature a needle or safety pin backing that may be easily removed.
Place the pin on your lapel
Place the top of your pin right below the collar on the left side of your garment. Place the pin over the aperture to hide the hole in suit jackets with lapel buttonholes. To prevent pocket squares from blocking the pin, it is best to position them over the top of the pocket square.
Secure the pin
With one hand, hold the top part of the pin in place. Guide the needle of the pin through the buttonhole with your other hand, lining up the back of the lapel piece with the inside fold of your suit. Reattach the backing to the front piece of the pin to secure it to your garment.
Do’s and Don’ts of Wearing Lapel Pins
Lapel pins are a formal men’s accessory that should be worn with consideration for the statement and context of the event. Here are some crucial dos and don’ts on how to put enamel pins on backpack and suits.
- Always wear the pin on the left lapel of the jacket.
- To hide the hole in your suit or jacket, always place the pin on the buttonhole.
- Carefully pierce the fabric of your suit.
- Always try to match the design of your lapel pin with your suit and other accessories.
- Aside from left lapel don’t put your pin anywhere else.
- Make sure that you choose the perfect size of lapel pin.
- Don’t use a lapel pin with a design that’s unfit for the event. It is always advisable to use a neutral pin.
- Never wear multiple pins. Aside from military events, you should only wear one pin at a time.
Creative Ways on Where to Put Lapel Pin
Here’s how you can use lapel pins to add some fun to your style.
1. Mix and Match Materials
Make clothes pop by mixing different materials.
- Metal and fabric: Mix a shiny metal pin with a fabric pocket square or tie.
- Wooden vibes: If you have a wooden pin, it goes well with tweed or linen blazers, giving a natural and earthy feel.
- Leather: Partner leather pin with a denim jacket or other leather accessories.
- Colorful acrylic: Try acrylic pins in different colors and designs to make your outfit super colorful and cool.
Mix things up until you find the perfect match.
2. Pair with Collar Clips
- Matching: Choose a collar clip and lapel pin with similar designs. If your pin is all about shapes, find a collar clip with a similar pattern.
- Color coordination: Mix and match colors. If your pin is gold, try a silver collar clip for a modern twist.
- Placement: Wear your lapel pin above or below the collar clip. See which way looks best.
3. Accessories for Hair
A Lapel pin can also be worn on hair as a unique accessory.
- Ponytail: Wrap a hair tie around your ponytail and slide a lapel pin through it for some extra charm.
- Braid: Add a lapel pin or two to your braid for a unique look.
- Headband: Attach a lapel pin to a plain headband for a custom, stylish look.
After running down some tricks on creative ways to wear lapel pins, it’s time to look for the right manufacturer.
Where to Get Lapel Pins Customized
If you are planning to make your designs into stunning and luxurious metal lapel pins, you are in the right place!
Relia Metal is a trusted direct manufacturer of wholesale custom lapel pins. With the help of our designers and engineers, we can elevate your design into high-quality lapel pins. No matter how you want your consumers to wear them, we got it all covered! For more inquiries, you may contact us today.